Swiss HLG and Biopôle are excited to present the Swiss HLG’s start-up workshops collaboration on the 11.06.2019 at 2.45 pm.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MARRIAGE; MANAGING COMPLEX ALLIANCES
- What expectations do you have, as a startup, of how alliances will change the fate of your company?
- What experience have you gained regarding alliances; did they fulfill the partners’ business interest?
- Will you let yourself gain clarity about the difference between an “alliance” and a “deal”?
Develop an understanding of how your partners may approach implementation post-signing. Plan your Business Development strategy, consider resource needs and develop a mindset towards “implementation matters”. Challenge yourself to generate an improved implementation of collaborative, license-based alliances. Engage in a case study to develop a deeper understanding of licensing collaborations.
- 14:45 Arrival and registration
- 15:00 Welcome of Swiss HLG and Biopôle SA
- 15:15 Why alliances are challenging; introducing some tools
- 16:30 Case Study: A painful Alliance
- 18:15 Summary: Managing Complex Alliances
- 18:30 Networking drinks
Anthony Hörning is the Founder of Strategic Transactions Advisory AG, in Basel, Switzerland, and a Senior Advisor to Vantage Partners, Boston, USA. He is a pharmaceutical industry coach and collaborations bridge-builder with cultural and language versatility. His work with clients encompasses advising both licensors and licensees on all aspects of strategy, negotiation and alliance management.
As a leading member of Novartis Business Development & Licensing function, he was in charge of the preparation, launch and ongoing implementation, as well as of all renegotiations, of the company’s global alliances and created a widely recognized alliance skills training program. He is a trainer and speaker at international Licensing and Alliance Management conferences, and served for many years as a member of the board of the “Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals”.
Seats are limited*; first come first served!
*Members and academic neighbours of Biopôle shall have first priority. Biopôle SA reserves the right to hold registrations of external guests.